Lunchtime ramble #1

A pineapple sitting on a beach in front of the ocean. The tide is in so the bottom of the pineapple is getting wet, but it's sunny so it's having a great time.

Hey everyone. I have nine minutes left of my lunch break so I thought I'd write down some of my thoughts because that's what a blog is meant to be sometimes.

I'm sipping on a beautiful smoothie from the cafe around the corner. I think I intended on getting a hot drink when I walked through the door, but I always end up getting the same thing (chai latté, if you're interested) so I went real rogue. The smoothie menu on top of the ice cream freezer, which should've been equally as unappetising seeing as it's 4 degrees outside right now, drew me in with its fruity flavours scribbled in colourful chalk and I went for the most summery option there is: pineapple, mango, and coconut milk. I have no regrets because it's gorgeous, but it is reminding me of cocktails by a pool in the summertime, probably somewhere in Spain, France, or Greece. I could've done with being transported there yesterday, as I can't remember a day when I felt as cold as that indoors. It turns out that working from home involves an unhealthy amount of sitting down if you're not careful, and that doesn't pump the blood around your body all that well. I was doing starjumps in the kitchen and occasionally wining "WHYYYYYY", before realising we have pets in the house and they have bodily warmth they can share with me.

My lunch break is over now! Maybe I'll do more lunchtime rambles as it's quite therapeutic.

R x

Comments