As you might have noticed...

Hey blog readers, of which I predict are about zero at this point due to me being rubbish in regularly posting!

All zero of you may have noticed that I never finished my Road to 10k series, and in all honesty, I never actually made it to that 10k. I still haven't.

Like a lot of things, had it not been for this pandemic, that goal would've been reached (I hope). But it's pretty pointless dwelling on that when I could focus on positive things I've found during this weird stint in time.

Continuing that train of honesty, I've felt overwhelmed by social media lately. At times, it can seem full to the brim with:
  • videos of police brutality in America
  • articles about climate change
  • and general despair.
So I'll be limiting my intake from now on, and putting that time and energy I would usually spend mindlessly scrolling apps into positive things, like:
  • educating myself more on BLM issues (resources here)
  • regular yoga and stretching
  • dancing!!!
    • aw yeahhhhh! if you know me, you might know that my dancing is usually some form of waving my hands in the air and singing along, probably to subconsciously distract from the fact that I have no moves. well, this is no longer my problem thanks to the GORGEOUS Ryan Heffington. At the time of writing this, he's doing live dance workouts 2-3 times a week on his Instagram (@ryan.heffington). I recommend them if you want to feel a bajillion times better.
  • lovely live radio (Radio 1 is my go-to at the mo)
  • illustration
  • wine, chocolate biscuits, pizza, cute videos of dogs, really realllllly enjoying those cups of tea, and laughing

A digital illustration of a cup of tea in a red and yellow mug, on a white and blue patterned coaster. The mug is steaming as it's full of hot tea.

Things I have laughed at in the week just gone include:

Chris Stark and Scott Mills on Radio 1; our neighbour's cat being chonky and adorable; Lie to Me (a TV series on Prime); messing around on Animal Crossing; and my fab friends and family.

Thanks for reading x

Comments