Week 4 of Rhi's road to 10k

Hi there. It's Week 4 of my training, and I'm sorry to report that the weird vibe of last week has only gotten weirder. At the time of writing, we've just gone into Coronavirus-induced lockdown in the UK. It won't be too weird for me, as I've been doing what the lockdown demands for about a week now, but still - my training might get WEIRD. Luckily the local park is still open, so for now I'm carrying on with my original workout plan.

Image by Hans Braxmeier from Pixabay

In three words, Week 4 of training was:
  • welcomed
  • sunny
  • progress
Here's the rundown:

Day 1

Run stats

  • Goal: A 20-30 minute 'easy' run
  • Distance achieved: 2km
  • Moving time: 12:50 (minutes:seconds)
  • Pace: 6:16 / km
Thoughts: This was a bit of a short one, but I'm seeing a vast improvement in my ability to maintain a quicker pace as the days go on. Noice. Also faster than I managed last week, and I thought last week was groovy! I do love a good lunchtime run too. They're always enjoyable, and motivate me for the afternoon ahead.

Day 2

Walk stats

  • Goal: Stretching my legs before work
  • Distance achieved: 4.20km
  • Moving time: 54:03 (minutes:seconds)
Thoughts: A lovely walk in fresh air.


Day 3

Walk stats

  • Goal: Stretching my legs before work
  • Distance achieved: 4.73km
  • Moving time: 58:48 (minutes:seconds)
Thoughts: A similar stroll around the park. For a bit longer, and a bit further distance.

Day 4

Run stats

  • Goal: A 60 minute run
  • Distance achieved: 5.4km
  • Moving time: 45:11 (minutes:seconds)
  • Pace: 8:22 / km
Thoughts: I meant to do a full hour here, but that turned into 45 minutes in my brain, and I ain't sorry. It's darn tricky trying to keep a regular pace whilst also staying two metres away from everyone in a popular London park! So I even walked some of this (that's why my pace is slower than what I've been managing lately).

Stay safe and indoors, if you can xxx

Comments