Week 2 of Rhi's road to 10k

Bonjour! It's the end of my second week of running regularly, and it feels good.

In three words, Week 2 of training was:
  • rainy
  • busy
  • again, sunny-and-kinda-awesome-at-the-end
hello swans

Here's the rundown:

Day 1

Run stats

  • Goal: A 20-30 minute 'easy' run
  • Distance achieved: 1.8km
  • Moving time: 14:43 (minutes:seconds)
  • Pace: 8:11 / km
Thoughts: This run was very early in the morning. To be honest, I hated it. I did not wanna be out there. It was cold. There's also a weird energy before the workday when everyone's trudging to their cars/public transport. So I scuttled on back home before too long. But as usual, I did feel good afterwards.

Day 2 (yoga day)

This week was very busy, and very rainy, which resulted in me not squeezing in a run in the middle of the week. I need to get myself a good waterproof running jacket so rain isn't an excuse for me anymore!

Instead, I did some lovely yin yoga as recommended by my fellow yogis at work:


Day 3

Run stats

  • Goal: A 45 minute 'easy' run
  • Distance achieved: 7.01km
  • Moving time: 43:13
  • Pace: 6:10 / km (!!!)
Thoughts: Woah. This was waaay zoomier than expected. I managed to get 6 personal best times on Strava, including running 5km in 30 minutes - which this slow poke has never managed before. I enjoyed my adventures through not one but two London parks, and saw some very cute dogs in the second one for good measure. So overall, I'm glad I risked going outside after some temperamental weather earlier. I treated myself to some flapjack and mango juice afterwards.

Week 2 done. Let's GO, Week 3!

Comments