My mission to watch the 100 greatest movies of all time begins

So anyone who's enquired into my movie knowledge will know that I'm not very clued up on the classics. After trawling through various lists online entitled things like '100 MOVIES YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY WATCH BEFORE YOU DIE', I've found a less seriously-titled list called 'The 100 Greatest Movies' on Empire. I'm not going to give myself a time limit (ain't nobody got ironically time for that). But I'm just going to do my best to catch up with a classic every once in a while, and who knows. Maybe I'll watch them all.


As I'm not a total amateur, here's a list showing what I have watched:


  1. Amelie
  2. Titanic
  3. Good Will Hunting
  4. Arrival
  5. Lost in Translation
  6. The Princess Bride
  7. Shaun of the Dead
  8. The Exorcist
  9. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (I think)
  10. The Social Network (HOW ON EARTH DID THIS MAKE THE LIST, jeeeesus)
  11. Spirited Away
  12. Captain America: Civil War
  13. Toy Story
  14. Rear Window
  15. Hot Fuzz
  16. The Lion King
  17. Singin' in the Rain
  18. Ghostbusters
  19. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
  20. Avengers Assemble
  21. Donnie Darko
  22. La La Land
  23. Forrest Gump
  24. American Beauty
  25. E.T.
  26. Inglourious Basterds
  27. Reservoir Dogs
  28. It's a Wonderful Life
  29. Trainspotting
  30. Drive (REAL HUMAN BEAN)
  31. Eternal Sunshine...
  32. Saving Private Ryan
  33. The Departed
  34. The Shining
  35. Guardians of the Galaxy
  36. Schindler's List
  37. The Usual Suspects
  38. Taxi Driver
  39. Seven
  40. The Matrix
  41. LOTR: The Two Towers
  42. Jurassic Park
  43. Inception
  44. LOTR: The Return of the King
  45. The Godfather Part II
  46. Back to the Future
  47. LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
  48. Star Wars Episode IV
  49. Jaws
  50. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  51. Pulp Fiction
  52. Shawshank!!!
  53. The Dark Knight
  54. Star Wars Episode V
  55. The Godfather


And what I'm yet to conquer:


  1. Stand By Me
  2. Raging Bull
  3. The Terminator (how have I not watched this?!)
  4. The Prestige
  5. No Country For Old Men
  6. Predator
  7. Leon
  8. Rocky (yup)
  9. True Romance
  10. Some Like It Hot
  11. Oldboy
  12. A Clockwork Orange
  13. Fargo
  14. Mulholland Dr.
  15. Seven Samurai
  16. Memento
  17. LA Confidential
  18. Whiplash
  19. Pan's Labyrinth
  20. Vertigo
  21. Psycho
  22. Once Upon A Time In The West
  23. Lawrence Of Arabia
  24. The Silence of the Lambs
  25. Interstellar
  26. Citizen Kane
  27. Gladiator
  28. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
  29. There Will Be Blood
  30. 12 Angry Men
  31. Mad Max: Fury Road
  32. John Carpenter's The Thing
  33. The Big Lebowski
  34. Casablanca
  35. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
  36. Heat
  37. Terminator 2
  38. Apocalypse Now
  39. 2001: A Space Odyssey
  40. Die Hard (YES OKAY I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS 'XMAS CLASSIC')
  41. Fight Club
  42. Aliens
  43. Alien
  44. Blade Runner
  45. GoodFellas

55% - not bad!

Wish me luck!

Image via

Comments

  1. It's funny that my favorites on this list are the one's you haven't seen yet- I love Goodfellas, Some Like it Hot, Silence of the Lambs, and ironically enough I'm wearing a Clockwork Orange shirt as I type this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I'll be watching Some Like It Hot soon (as long as it stays on Netflix!)
      Clockwork Orange looks so creepy! I'll have to psych myself up for that one...

      Delete
  2. 55 definitely isn't bad as a starting point! I find lists like this really difficult, there's always going to be stuff that doesn't interest you. Good luck! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & I thought I would've seen less than that! Am going in with an open mind :)

      Delete

Post a Comment