LONDON WEEKEND - Yoda, Abstract Dog Design, Things Fab/Notsofab and the Seaside

me love me some pom
WELL HELLO THERE!
And welcome to the delight that is Tuesday. Or any other day of the week depending on when you choose to feast your eyes on my published typing. I am in a super good mood today and you will find out why later on in this post.

FRUIT FACT OF THE DAY:

Pomegranates are messy to eat and a toothpick is preferable.

Yes, kids - if you choose to buy one of these (maybe a bit more expensive per fruit than your average banana but full of good anti-oxidants), USE A TOOTHPICK. Since the invention and mass-production of dental floss we don't tend to grab tiny sticks and shove them between our pearly-whites any more. Some of us don't even use dental floss (naughty).

But one does come in handy once in a while, when eating pomegranates for example. They are a beautiful breed of fruit with the seeds spookily arranged in a star shape. Almost as spooky as crop circles. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN

Yoda being Yoda in Trafalgar Square
Further tips include not eating in close proximity to pale fabrics (apparently the stain is a nightmare to remove) or computer screens. My laptop screen has recently been relieved of dried blobs of pom juice.

In recent days, I ventured to ye old London town for an open day via train. My journey down was most pleasant as the weather on Sunday was absolutely flippin' gorgeous and despite being confined to seat E51 for 3 hours, I had a window spot and so I could enjoy the countryside views and blue sky. Matt Edmonson/Radio 1 was my main companion along with my sandwich but from 12-1 I tuned in to Katie's show on Fuse FM (she's live online every Sunday at this time). Fab mix of really cheesy stuff and classics including the Smiths - always welcome IMO.
My empty pistachio shell :(
When I arrived, I was treated to great hospitality/tours of the local area, via a yogurt bar and pizza place of course, by Jocelyn who I hadn't seen since Christmas! It was great to catch up and also see student life in London from an inside perspective - hopefully now, after looking everywhere, I can make up my mind this week about where I want to go to uni. Primark made an appearance and I bought some new feather print leggings which I'm both in love with and loathing as I didn't plan on spending any more money on clothes for the foreseeable future. D'oh.
We also passed a teeny tiny modern art gallery, strangely similar to the one I imagine owning in my head if I have lots of money in the future to create cool things. It featured life-sized dogs made out of toys - one with random parts and one made entirely out of the heads of My Little Ponies with torch bulbs for eyes.

'My Little Pony Decapitation Dog'* - £2800
'Random Bits and Bobs Dog'* -£Unknown







*titles completely invented. by me.









THE GALLERY IN CRIME
I did unfortunately also witness a slight case of sexual harassment on Gordon Square on the way to my open day when two men coming my way span around and gawped at a girl walking a little ahead of me, doing gestures and producing comments such as "OORGHHH" and something along the lines of "Dat ass". Thankfully I don't think the girl heard them as she might have felt uncomfortable and put off Londoners by that one incident (yes it was that bad). People might use that as a joke towards their friends but towards members of the public...really?! Frankly I was disgusted and if I'd felt confident at that point I would have gone and given them a piece of my mind but since I was a similar age/same gender I felt like they wouldn't have had respect for me either. Just because a girl is wearing leggings and has a good figure does not give anyone the right to see her as some kind of object for them to boast to their mate about. Maybe they just felt so super confident walking along in the capital city streets - I mean, of course that makes you invincible and able to do and say anything you want right? WRONG.

Rant over. I am now wound up so I will go and make a cup of tea and breathe repeatedly.

After-dinner magpie mint
On a lighter note, the other day I went to Whitby. If you've never been I suggest you go as it's a beautiful little seaside town with the perfect balance of sand, sea, amusement arcades, boutique shops and hiding. Of course fish and chips is a big factor for many and we successfully conquered the queue of the infamous Magpie, a restaurant known to serve 'the best fish 'n' chips in the land'. Highly recommended if you can endure the standing-around on steps beforehand.
KIPPER SALE Y'ALL



la mer et le frere
We had cinnamon toast for breakfast, braved the beach, battled the slot machines (Dom won a spiderman duck and donated it to a passing child), avoided the old sand-in-shoes scenario and, despite forgetting to eat ice cream, had a wonderful time overall. Merci ma famille.

Now the fabulous thing I mentioned at the start...I AM STEWARDING AT GLASTONBURY WITH OXFAM!!! YAAAAY!!! I want to thank God, our internet connection, my family and friends and my employers for all their support.... I am extremely excited as you may be able to tell and I am slowly creating the perfect summer. More info on that at a later date....

 (and I also got called Beana)

All credit goes to Starbucks for this one. Especially the barista who nodded definitely after verbally confirming "Rhianna" and somewhere in between doing so and grabbing the permanent marker the caffeine from the air seeped into her brain passages and destroyed her ability to spell/comprehend the difference between the letters 'r' and 'b'.

Comments