Monday UPDATE!

This weekend I've been visiting family so I haven't been able to post anything...oopsies!
The canvas is ready for the bird painting - my sketches will be finalised in the next few days to make sure the composition and colours are right for the room it will go in...
(It has to include red, no pressure)

Check out my pinterest moodboard here!

Exercise today was really beneficial for me and it helps that weather is getting better over here - though it's still cold, don't you worry! I ran in it and exercise in winter is one of those things that feels awesome when you're doing it but when you go indoors again afterwards you feel like you're in a sauna. A billion degrees worth of a sauna. FHWOOOF.

LATELY I've been wondering about what I'm deciding to do later on in life. But what I've realised/reminded myself of is that life is life - it'll happen no matter what so if you make the most of enjoying yourself in the present, the future will be just as good, if not better.

Hopefully, I'll soon be taking up an opportunity for a part-time job in retail which is something I've always wanted to get experience in. Then, I can work in shops whilst I'm at university from September onwards and be used to the environment as I've only ever really worked in catering! After all, it's worth it to make the most of this time so I can prove that I've grown from it.

I checked out a university department for Linguistics over the weekend and the first thing I noticed was that the staff were really friendly (which, to me, is always a good sign)! I love it when you can tell that people are really engaged with and enjoying what they do for a living...and I really hope I can find that some day. A number of my friends from sixth-form have already got jobs because university wasn't needed for them and they found their passion early on which I have to say I'm rather envious of! On the other hand, everyone is brought up differently and its those different experiences which will influence ideas for future choices from an early age.
In some cases, childhood memories are used to exaggerate passion. Like in those interviews you hear with singers 'beginning their careers' from the age of 1...but the thing is here is that most babies sing and shout simply because they're babies. Any job you do could be backed up with a childhood story, e.g. "I was 4 years old...I just couldn't put the Lego bricks down...THEY WERE MY LIFE and that was when I knew I was destined to be a builder." I guess it really depends who your audience is!

Anyway, the prospect of learning multiple languages alongside Linguistics sounds pretty awesome to me and I can even pick Art History as an extra module...something I didn't expect but people have done it before there! Maybe my arty hobby could be maintained - on the whole, I get most of my ideas from past work and artists.

PTKYP,

Rhiannon x

Comments