Week 3 of Rhi's road to 10k

Hello everyone. What a weird time this is. I'm currently sat on my bed, writing this blog post, reflecting on my running progress last week, when everything seemed relatively normal and relaxed. Fast forward 7-ish days later, and I'm worrying about breathing in public. Breathing.


Note to self: I need to do that. Anyway, let's reflect on the runs I did last week.

In three words, Week 3 of training was:

  • condensed
  • fun
  • fast

Here's the rundown:

Day 1

Run stats

  • Goal: A 20-30 minute 'easy' run
  • Distance achieved: 2.64km
  • Moving time: 19:30 (minutes:seconds)
  • Pace: 7:23 / km
Thoughts: This was a zoom-y run around my neighbourhood. I zigzagged around streets and paced myself. Nice.

Day 2

Run stats

  • Goal: A 20-30 minute 'easy' run
  • Distance achieved: 5.26km (2.92km* + 2.34km**)
  • Moving time: 34:25 (minutes:seconds)
  • Pace: 6:46/km*, and 6:41/km**
Thoughts: This second, double run - if you will - was the day after my first run of the week. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, but I guess sometimes you get addicted to goals. And running. It was GoodGym, so of course I loved it. We moved various supplies to a nearby nature reserve, and even had a laugh with some local passers-by who were evidently embarrassed by the amount of toilet rolls they were carrying past us.

I always love going to GoodGym sessions. Writing this makes me quite sad, since as of the time of writing, GoodGym group runs are cancelled until further notice. It makes sense, but it's the one thing I do regularly that I know keeps me in good spirits and health, and I enjoy running with everyone in my group so much. I'll miss it and will cherish it even more when it starts up again. Until then, solo isolated runs and home yoga it is.

Would like to add that I'm enjoying how it's getting easier to run at a faster pace now!

*Running to the task
**Running back from the task

Here, you can see where I sprinted my butt off to the finish line.

Day 3

... was sort of planned, and didn't happen. Partly due to lazing around at the weekend, and partly due to not wanting to go out of the house if it wasn't necessary. But fresh air is necessary in my eyes. So I did end up going for a walk in the local dog park, and we met a HUGE fluffy husky named Charles. Sadly I didn't get a picture, but I would have had to stand about four metres away to fit his whole body in the shot, HE WAS SO CHONKY. (We love you, Charles, thank you for accepting our pats... not so much for almost flooring one of us).

Week 4's blog will be up soon!

Comments