Day 1 of Sober Rhi

As of today, I am not drinking for two weeks. This decision is a direct result of the right amount of funk-dancing and the wrong amount/combination of wine, jagermeister, vodka and water (in the wrong quantities) and bad decisions. Since I've returned to uni I have consumed alcohol on a large scale at least once a week and it is time for me to take control of my life and health.

Day 1 has been relatively easy as I do not wish to even see any type of alcohol even from a distance. Helping to clean my friend's flat this morning, which involved picking all the empty bottles up off the table/floor/hob, was a challenge that I both willingly and unwillingly conquered. However, this has not changed the fact that I have spent the whole day feeling remarkably ill and down. Oh, and confused about a colour-changing dress (search "white gold black blue dress" into Google)....and sad that Fearne Cotton is leaving Radio 1. I have approached this by watching a terribly cheesy film with equally corny actors, sophisticated-ly stuffing my face with rice and drowning my sorrows with the sweet sweeeeet tunes of Norah Jones and The Fray. I recommend this method.

Having just re-discovered how amazing Paolo Nutini is I'm off to room-rave-clean. Ciao bella.


Image via

Comments

  1. Any time is a good time to start those kinds of new and effecitve tracts of therapy, such as for chronic alcohol consumption. Never leave things by the wayside. Alcohol addiction may be easily done with, but it accrues at all the most unlikely moments, so you better watch out and prepare for them. In any way, I'm glad that you're well on your way to achieve sobriety. Just keep at it! All the best to you!

    Natalie Lamb @ The Good Life Therapy Centre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ainclar0for_te-Omaha Zach Krzywicki Crack
    huiriegacan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment